Senior Character Artist
We are looking for a Senior Character Artist as we are working in stealth mode to help build a new form of multiplayer entertainment, revolutionizing the way we create, play, and share gameplay experiences.
This is a full-time onsite position in San Mateo, CA.
To apply, please send a short cover email, including your resume or a link to your updated LinkedIn profile and a link to your portfolio (for art positions) to: JOBS@MANTICOREGAMES.COM
- Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets
- Leverage next-gen PBR material pipelines for use in game engine
- Iterate on game assets with production artists via prototyping and group critiques
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development as an artist specializing in character modeling using Maya or 3DS Max, Photoshop, Zbrush or Mudbox.
- Exceptional understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in traditional hard-surface poly modeling techniques
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Self-motivation, superior communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Painter
- Experience in creating visual designs that support gameplay oriented goals
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a character artist