VP of Marketing
Manticore Games® is the developer and operator of the Core Metaverse™, a premier metaverse platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games and worlds to play and explore. Manticore recently enabled the next evolution of the Core Metaverse by integrating MetaMask and OpenSea, setting a new standard for NFT utility in the metaverse. Users connect their Metamask crypto wallet to their Core account, allowing them to ascribe any utility and feature in Core to NFT ownership. Core has also integrated with OpenSea, the world’s largest marketplace for NFTs, and created an API that can read, display, and create content based on any NFT on the Ethereum blockchain. Manticore Games has received backing from Benchmark Capital, XN, Epic Games, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Correlation Ventures, BITKRAFT Esports Ventures & BITKRAFT Opportunity Fund, LVP, M Ventures, Tuesday Capital, SV Angel, Arrive (a Roc Nation company), Sapphire Sport.
Manticore Games is looking for an entrepreneurial, innovative and experienced Vice President of Marketing to lead all aspects of marketing and growth for the Core Metaverse and new upcoming products. This is a broad spectrum and hands-on role with significant business impact, which includes managing go-to-market strategy, marketing channels, corporate and product positioning, branding, market research, user research, community management, creator relations, PR, user acquisition and customer service. The VP of Marketing will collaborate with the executive team to make Manticore an outstanding success. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an ambitious marketing executive to own and grow the leading Metaverse platform.
Our headquarters are located in San Mateo, CA but this role can be fully remote.
- Design and lead the marketing strategy and direct the execution of all marketing activities to achieve Manticore’s business goals to drive awareness, traffic, adoption and revenues
- Execute marketing campaigns leveraging audience and network aggregation with key target audiences
- Lead and grow a high-performing marketing organization that is exceptional at executing initiatives, communicating and collaborating
- Form brand positioning, value proposition and messaging strategy across channels to drive market awareness, customer acquisition, and loyalty
- Build and deploy grassroots marketing and community management programs to drive players to the Core Metaverse and increase engagement
- Partner with your peers in Product Management and Finance to drive adoption, engagement and revenues with an efficient and effective marketing budget
- Manage PR and Communications with the media and the Manticore community to develop and solidify corporate and product positioning
- Create and direct market, competitive and user research
- Analyze the performance of marketing programs across all channels (including ad spend) to identify the best opportunities for optimization, and regularly iterate to maximize performance
- 10+ years of full-stack marketing and senior leadership experience with B2B and B2C marketing, ideally in gaming, mobile, social media or technology products, and strong consumer brand sensibilities
- Substantial wins in bringing products and services to market and growing them to large scale
- Experience at a successful startup is a big plus
- Experience launching and growing new Free To Play games, MMO’s, platforms or marketplaces to the public on all platforms (PC, mobile, consoles)
- Passion for and deep knowledge of games, MMO’s and the metaverse ecosystems, including crypto and Web 3.0
- Demonstrated success managing paid acquisition budget across multiple channels to drive efficient and sustained user and revenue growth
- Best-in-class brand builder and storyteller; proven success crafting brands from the ground up and a track record of building brand engagement and generating business growth
- History of launching successful campaigns using grassroots, guerrilla, and viral marketing as well as community management
- Experience building reporting dashboards and synthesizing complex data points and KPIs to generate easy to understand executive reports
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, allowing you to deliver complex information clearly to your colleagues and through marketing material
- Demonstrated effective leadership including ability to build and foster successful teams that scale
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or a related field
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.