UI/UX Designer for Mobile & Web
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
Manticore Games is looking for a multi-talented UX Designer and UI Artist with a focus on Mobile and Web Design to assist in developing experiences for our Players and Creators. In this role, you will be working closely with Product to produce comprehensible and accessible interactive experiences that compliment our Core Client Software. Though the role is targeted towards Web and Mobile, it is not limited to these platforms and you will have the opportunity to support other aspects of the product.
- Design wireframes, flow charts and paper prototypes to illustrate general layout, functionality and product flow for both web and mobile experiences
- Provide high fidelity comps, presentations and documentation to assist in product development
- Generate red lines for engineers that define colors, font properties, element scaling and spacing for accurate implementation
- Take ownership in the design process and maintain open communication with web engineers to push the quality of the product
- Export optimized art assets and coordinate with engineers to integrate into the product
- Gather usability feedback to make informed UX recommendations
- Active participation in design discussions
- Minimum 5+ years experience in UX/UIDesign with a focus on web and mobile
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency working with designer tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- A passion for games and game design
- Experience with task tracking and asset management software such as Jira and Perforce
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams and disciplines
- Capable of quick iteration on designs while still maintaining strong attention to detail
- A proven ability to take a creative and holistic view of UX problems to help drive design decisions
- Familiarity with prototyping software such as Axure, Adobe XD or InVision
- Basic understanding of Motion Graphics software and an ability to create pre-visualizations for UI animation
- Proficiency building User Interfaces in Unity or UnrealFirst hand knowledge working with Unreal Blueprints
- Bachelor’s Degree in interaction design, graphic design or other UX related field or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of designing for consoles
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.