Manticore Games is creating CORE, a digital playground and community designed to unleash imagination and revolutionize game creation, distribution, and play.
We’re looking for an experienced and creative Technical Writer to join our Creator Relations team. A platform’s success depends on the documentation that supports it, which means CORE needs to have helpful, readable, and up-to-date content that helps our creators thrive. As a member of the team, you’ll build the how-to guides, tutorials, API documentation, and video scripts that educate and inspire our creator community. Working in tandem with Product, Engineering, and DevRel, you’ll play a key role in Manticore as the primary curator of our documentation and developer-focused external content.
Ideally you combine a flair for language with a fascination with the syntax of code. You have experience writing documentation for a live product, which you’d be excited to establish as best practices in Manticore. You can synthesize complex information into clear and concise wording, then adapt it from a wiki entry to a YouTube video script. If you’ve ever looked at an API reference and described it as “beautiful”, we’d love to talk to you.
- Produce clear and concise technical documentation including but not limited to: tutorials, quick start guides, technical guides, and FAQs
- Write guides and tutorials that inform creators and bring in search engine traffic for key topics
- Adapt content and writing style to a wide variety of audiences, such as new users, expert creators, and casual players
- Work with the Creator Relations team to design and create reference games and sample code
- Define the voice, tone and standards for Manticore as represented in documentation, blog posts, and tutorials
- Coordinate with API developers to produce best-in-class standardized API docs
- Write scripts and content for social media, such as YouTube videos, forum posts, and patch notes
- Work directly with Product and Engineering to monitor product updates for changes and deprecations, ensuring all documentation is up-to-date for all end users
- Monitor the community for common problems and proactively make solutions to help them
- Work with technical staff to make CORE easier to use, and thus require fewer instructions
- Identify gaps in documentation and work to resolve them
- Contribute to the documentation style guide and documentation process guides, again working across disciplines as necessary
- Act as primary content reviewer for other technical writers
- BS/BA or equivalent in Technical Communication, English, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience, with 3+ years of experience writing documentation for a technical audience
- Experience with a docs-as-code workflow, a markup language such as Markdown, AsciiDoc, or reStructuredText, and at least one programming language
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation while paying attention to detail
- Ability to write in both explanatory and procedural styles
- Samples of writing done for a technical audience will be required
- Experience using Git as a version management tool, including working with branches, pull requests, and merge conflicts
- Knowledge of video creation and production, especially with regard to tutorials
- Familiarity with documentation for games-related services
- Experience with game engines, platforms and modding tools such as Unity, Unreal, Minecraft Forge, and Roblox
- Interested in representing the company publicly in the online community, such as in forum threads and videos
- Please submit a writing portfolio (3-5 writing samples) that includes samples of API writing, tutorials, internal documentation, content architecture, and process visualization
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.