Manticore Games is creating CORE, a digital playground and community designed to unleash imagination and revolutionize game creation, distribution, and play.
We’re looking for a passionate game builder to join the Creator Relations team as an evangelist for CORE. As a member of the team, you will drive efforts to attract, educate, and inspire Creators on the platform. This includes directly engaging with game creators, coding sample projects, and writing how-to guides that delight as much as they inform. You’ll be a key partner to Community, Product, Marketing, and Support, contributing to every part of the company as a vital representative of our creators.
Ideally you’re a modder or indie developer that loves to hack together interesting projects in your spare time. You’re comfortable slinging code and are fascinated by what makes games tick. You love to share your tricks with others, and feel energized when helping creators accomplish amazing things.
- Design programs to identify, attract, and retain highly technical creators to the CORE platform
- Create clear sample code for tutorials, API documentation, and game templates
- Develop KPIs to provide insights that support creators and identify opportunities for growth
- Explain and document complex technical solutions in a clear and concise manner, and encouraging and overseeing other community members to do the same
- Directly troubleshoot with creators to solve complex technical issues, then adapt those solutions for wider audiences
- Create engaging training content, tutorials, and starter kits that helps beginner, intermediate, and advanced users
- Engage with Product and Engineering teams to improve our tools and processes
- Create sample games that show off the power of CORE
- Advocate for creators within Manticore, representing them with empathy, thoughtfulness, and clear reporting
- Amalgamate feedback, bugs, and pain points to share with the Product team
- 5+ years experience in developer relations, platform evangelism, or community management
- Comfortable skills with Lua or a similar scripting language
- Proven technical acumen and the ability to write clear, clean code
- Strong communication skills and proven problem solving ability
- Very strong writing skills, both technical and non - you can update API documentation as well as you can draft a persuasive email
- Proven experience growing developer, creator or modder communities
- Familiarity with game engines, platforms and modding tools such as Unity, Unreal, Minecraft Forge, and Roblox
- Know the details behind running webinars, podcasts, blogging, Twitch streams, and presentations
- Strong presence on social media and in key creator forums
- Preexisting relationships with key creators
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience/education
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.