Sr. Product Manager / Lead Product Manager
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced Product Manager to focus on the Core editor. In collaboration with design, engineering, production you will be responsible for defining, optimizing, and evaluating all aspects of the Core editor. As the Product leader at the heart of the Core platform, your work will be critical to the platform’s success and growth. This role reports directly to the Chief Product Officer.
- Conceptualize, define, and design the development of new features that delight Creators and improve the quality and variety of games developed on Core.
- Collaborate effectively with design, engineering, production, art, and analytics teams to ensure product requirements are delivered wholly & thoughtfully.
- Work closely with the Creator Relations team to understand the Creator’s pain points and needs.
- Partner with engineering and art teams to develop complex editor features and systems and to expand Core’s supported genres
- Lead projects and partner effectively with the analytics team to understand and monitor key business drivers, improve forecasting accuracy, surface risks, and identify opportunities to accelerate the platform’s growth.
- Help manage the end-to-end systems of a complex product spanning multiple feature areas. This will involve writing and consulting on specs, managing design challenges, and taking the lead for promoting interoperability and scale
- Help envision and implement the overall product strategy, driving the usage of core innovative technology, and ensure that product decisions are based on in-depth data analysis
- Effectively champion your product vision & strategy, monitor product progression through completion of milestones, and partner with production, engineering, and analytics throughout the product’s lifecycle
- Passion for games and platform technologies
- Excellent knowledge of game development with past technical experience in games in engineering and/or technical design capacities
- 5+ years of directly relevant professional experience with a demonstrated track record of success
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven mindset
- Exceptional customer sensibility and empathy, with expertise creating product/feature specs with clear business justification, technical requirements, user flows, and wire-frames
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with experience communicating both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Game Design, Game Production, or a related field from a top academic institution. MSC/MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of the Unreal ecosystem and/or development with UE4
- Knowledge of the Unity ecosystem and/or development with Unity
- Experience designing and product managing creative tools/IDEs/editors such as UE4, Unity, Visual Studio, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.