Sr. Game Designer / Lead Game Designer
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We are looking for an experienced Game Designer to help build new games on the Core platform. Working in collaboration with the Chief Creative Officer you will help to shape Manticore’s first-party game portfolio. As the Game Designer, your work will be critical to the platform’s success and growth.
- Work closely with CCO to create compelling and diverse new games on core
- Collaborate with environment artists, and gameplay engineers to create, implement, and polish systems and mechanics in existing and new games
- Present new game ideas and game mechanics
- Own the games creation process from the concept phase through successful implementation and launch
- Be the go-to person for the implementation of the complex new and existing games
- Adapt to technical and production constraints & participate in finding solutions to optimize features
- Be an advocate for player experience and create compelling user stories
- Implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression gathering feedback and adjusting design accordingly
- Your player empathy and creativity help create in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will work with interdisciplinary teams, contributing and translating feedback to improve and iterate player-focused designs to delight players.
- Experience as an advocate for player experience with a history of creating quality, games, and features
- Deep and wide knowledge of games with the ability to reference mechanics, controls, and other elements from other games
- Demonstrated experience tuning and balancing games
- 5+ years of experience in game design or related experience
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and flexibility in a changing environment
- Strong understanding of free-to-play design, mechanics, and strategies
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with experience communicating designs, and delivering creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders and colleagues
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.