Software Engineering Manager - Web
Manticore Games® is the developer and operator of the Core Metaverse, a premier metaverse platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games to play and worlds to explore. Core is the best metaverse platform for users who want to build virtual worlds and experiences and those who want to explore the metaverse in stunning high-definition. Manticore recently enabled the next evolution of the Core Metaverse by integrating MetaMask and OpenSea to set a new standard for NFT utility in the metaverse. Manticore Games has received backing from Benchmark Capital, XN, Epic Games, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Correlation Ventures, BITKRAFT Esports Ventures & BITKRAFT Opportunity Fund, LVP, M Ventures, Tuesday Capital, SV Angel, Arrive (a Roc Nation company), Sapphire Sport.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Lead or Manager to help guide and build a complex set of web initiatives from end to end. You would be leading a small group of web developers and reporting directly to the VP of Engineering. Duties of the job include coordinating with other teams to create and support new metaverse initiatives, building and optimizing our entire public web presence, developing internal tools, and mentoring other engineers. We have an ambitious product with unique challenges and need an experienced leader to help us execute on our vision. Our headquarters are located in San Mateo, CA but this role can be fully remote.
- Own the technical aspects of Manticore’s web framework for consumer-facing websites and internal applications
- Drive performance improvement and security hardening of web applications and infrastructure
- Provide input for production/live release control process
- Review requirements and estimate the level of effort for new incoming work
- Manage and mentor a small team of highly skilled engineers
- Enthusiasm for hands on programming and execution in addition to strategic planning
- Interface with other internal groups including production, product management, and leadership
- 7+ years of experience in a web development role
- 2+ years of experience in a managerial role
- Ability to communicate highly technical concepts to people without a technical background
- Skilled in programming with React
- Passion for building and maintaining consumer-facing web applications that are secure, scalable, and highly available
- Multiple projects demonstrating a clear understanding of an end-to-end application design
- BS degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with node.js, Next.js, Redux and/or REST API creation
- Experience with cloud technologies such as GCP, AWS or Azure
- Knowledge of containerization technology including Docker, kubernetes, helm, etc.
- Experience with C# or a similar language
- Passion for and deep knowledge of games, UGC and the metaverse including crypto and Web3
- Interest and/or experience with blockchain technology
- Mobile experience
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.