Software Engineer (Multiple Openings)
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our team as we work on a new form of multiplayer entertainment, revolutionizing the way we create, play, and share gameplay experiences.
- Analyze product needs and then design, test and develop backend code to implement those concepts, tools, and processes.
- Collaborate with store managers and product owners, including finance, to create tools and pipelines.
- Ensure, monitor, and troubleshoot the existing backend code to ensure it continues to function normally through software maintenance and testing.
- Participate with other backend and web engineers in code reviews, process improvements, and recommendations of new technology.
- Document every aspect of this system as reference for future maintenance and upgrades.
- Position requires master’s degree in computer science or a related field and four years of backend development and programming experience.
- Experience must include:
- Maintaining and improving a live service
- Working with Azure and/or gcloud in multiple regions
- Working with social media concepts
- Working with cloud databases.
Job Site: San Mateo, CA
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.