Senior/Principal Software Engineer - Gameplay
Manticore Games® is the developer and operator of the Core Metaverse™, a premier metaverse platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games and worlds to play and explore. Manticore recently enabled the next evolution of the Core Metaverse by integrating MetaMask and OpenSea, setting a new standard for NFT utility in the metaverse. Users connect their Metamask crypto wallet to their Core account, allowing them to ascribe any utility and feature in Core to NFT ownership. Core has also integrated with OpenSea, the world’s largest marketplace for NFTs, and created an API that can read, display, and create content based on any NFT on the Ethereum blockchain. Manticore Games has received backing from Benchmark Capital, XN, Epic Games, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Correlation Ventures, BITKRAFT Esports Ventures & BITKRAFT Opportunity Fund, LVP, M Ventures, Tuesday Capital, SV Angel, Arrive (a Roc Nation company), Sapphire Sport.
We are looking for a Gameplay Software Engineer to help us build an interconnected, entertaining multiplayer experience as part of our revolutionary approach to the metaverse. Our headquarters are located in San Mateo, CA but this role can be fully remote.
- Designing, developing and implementing major gameplay systems.
- Developing client-server gameplay code.
- Assisting Design and Art in planning and implementing and iterating on game concepts and player abilities.
- Integrating gameplay systems with other parts of our platform.
- Maintaining and extending engine code.
- A minimum of 7 years programming in C++.
- A minimum of 7 years in game development.
- Experience using Unreal Engine.
- Experience architecting and implementing game systems, user interfaces, tools, back-end services, etc.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines such as art, design and engineering.
- Strong communication skills: must be able to explain technical concepts, constraints, and problem solve with people who are not engineers.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field or 5+ years industry experience as the degree equivalent.
- Experience optimizing features and hitting performance targets.
- Experience with PC and mobile targets.
- Understanding of game networking concepts - peer to peer, client/server, latency compensation, etc.
- Experience with MMOs or online games with RPG elements
- Interest and/or experience with blockchain technology
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.