Senior/Principal Software Engineer - Gameplay
Manticore Games® is the developer and operator of the Core Metaverse, a premier metaverse platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games to play and worlds to explore. Core is the best metaverse platform for users who want to build virtual worlds and experiences and those who want to explore the metaverse in stunning high-definition. Manticore recently enabled the next evolution of the Core Metaverse by integrating MetaMask and OpenSea to set a new standard for NFT utility in the metaverse. Manticore Games has received backing from Benchmark Capital, XN, Epic Games, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Correlation Ventures, BITKRAFT Esports Ventures & BITKRAFT Opportunity Fund, LVP, M Ventures, Tuesday Capital, SV Angel, Arrive (a Roc Nation company), Sapphire Sport.
We are looking for a Gameplay Software Engineer to help us build an interconnected, entertaining multiplayer experience as part of our revolutionary approach to the metaverse. Our headquarters are located in San Mateo, CA but this role can be fully remote.
- Designing, developing and implementing major gameplay systems.
- Developing client-server gameplay code.
- Assisting Design and Art in planning and implementing and iterating on game concepts and player abilities.
- Integrating gameplay systems with other parts of our platform.
- Maintaining and extending engine code.
- A minimum of 7 years programming in C++.
- A minimum of 7 years in game development.
- Experience using Unreal Engine.
- Experience architecting and implementing game systems, user interfaces, tools, back-end services, etc.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines such as art, design and engineering.
- Strong communication skills: must be able to explain technical concepts, constraints, and problem solve with people who are not engineers.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field or 5+ years industry experience as the degree equivalent.
- Experience optimizing features and hitting performance targets.
- Experience with PC and mobile targets.
- Understanding of game networking concepts - peer to peer, client/server, latency compensation, etc.
- Experience with MMOs or online games with RPG elements
- Interest and/or experience with blockchain technology
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.