Senior/Lead Developer Relations Manager - Europe
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We are looking for an experienced builder of developer communities to supercharge Core’s expansion in Europe. As the EU Lead, you will grow a multifaceted team that covers markets in UK, France, Germany, and others, maintaining relationships with top creators in each region and helping them to make their dream games. You’ll grow the EU team from the ground up, establishing positions and practices for each region. This role works directly with Product, Marketing, and Support to ensure a fantastic creator experience and a thriving community across the globe.
- Establish and implement Core’s strategy for growing the international Core creator community
- Create systems for managing relationships with large numbers of international creators across many languages
- Grow the international DevRel team, including setting hiring practices and KPIs
- Identify important documents and announcements that should be translated into additional languages, and manage the translation pipeline for those items
- Develop and organize programs to retain and incentivize top creators
- Directly troubleshoot with creators to solve complex technical issues, then adapt those solutions for wider audiences
- Create translation pipeline for documentation and announcements, working with vendors to make sure top creators are informed of the latest changes.
- Oversee channels for EU in the Creator community, such as with dedicated Discord channels
- Advocate for creators within Manticore, representing them with empathy, thoughtfulness, and clear reporting
- 5+ years experience in developer relations, platform evangelism, or community management in a non-US market
- Comfortable skills with Lua or a similar scripting language
- Very strong communication skills, in particular able to navigate language barriers and cultural differences
- Proven experience growing developer, creator or modder communities
- Experienced manager of Community or DevRel teams, including full time employees, contract, and outside vendors
- Strategic thinker, able to present creative ideas on how to grow existing creator communities and to launch in new markets
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in French, German, or Spanish
- Strong presence on social media and in key creator forums in non-US markets
- Preexisting relationships with game creators
- Familiarity with game engines, platforms and modding tools such as Unity, Unreal, Minecraft, Fortnite Creative, and Roblox
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience/education
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.