Senior Software Engineer (Multiple Openings)
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our team as we are working on a new form of multiplayer entertainment, revolutionizing the way we create, play, and share gameplay experiences.
- Analyze Product, Design, and Art teams’ needs and then design, test, and develop client-server gameplay code to implement those concepts, tools, and processes.
- Design client-server gameplay code in Unreal Engine and C++ environments for personal computers and plan how the pieces will work together on Azure or Google servers.
- Ensure that engine code continues to function normally through software maintenance and testing.
- Extend engine code as needed, and optimize CPU, GPU, and memory use.
- Document every aspect of this system as reference for future maintenance and upgrades.
- Collaborate with other computer specialists to create tools and pipelines to support the high-performance of user-generated content.
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related field and four years of game development and programming experience.
- Experience must include all of the following:
- Unreal Engine
- PC and console platforms
- Game networking concepts including peer to peer, client/ server, latency compensation, and the like.
Job Site: San Mateo, CA
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.