Senior Software Engineer - Mobile
Manticore Games® is the developer and operator of the Core Metaverse™, a premier metaverse platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games and worlds to play and explore. Manticore recently enabled the next evolution of the Core Metaverse by integrating MetaMask and OpenSea, setting a new standard for NFT utility in the metaverse. Users connect their Metamask crypto wallet to their Core account, allowing them to ascribe any utility and feature in Core to NFT ownership. Core has also integrated with OpenSea, the world’s largest marketplace for NFTs, and created an API that can read, display, and create content based on any NFT on the Ethereum blockchain. Manticore Games has received backing from Benchmark Capital, XN, Epic Games, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Correlation Ventures, BITKRAFT Esports Ventures & BITKRAFT Opportunity Fund, LVP, M Ventures, Tuesday Capital, SV Angel, Arrive (a Roc Nation company), Sapphire Sport.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for high-fidelity iOS games. Help us bring Core to a wider audience! Our headquarters are located in San Mateo, CA, but this role can be fully remote.
- Develop and maintain the iOS version of Core.
- Diagnose and fix mobile performance issues, such as overheating and battery use.
- Work with non-engineering teams on iOS-specific issues.
- Design and implement systems and UI for both desktop and iOS.
- Implement integrations with iOS and App Store services.
- Improve engineering workflows.
- 3+ years of iOS 3D game development.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines such as art, design and engineering.
- C++ experience.
- Proven problem-solving and application of good software programming practices.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field or 5+ years industry experience as the degree equivalent.
- Experience using Unreal Engine, especially for iOS games.
- Experience optimizing games for mobile devices, including Android.
- Have shipped multiple finished products in a lead or senior position.
- Interest and/or experience with blockchain technology.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.