Senior Mobile Engineer
Manticore Games is creating CORE, a digital playground and community designed to unleash imagination and revolutionize game creation, distribution, and play.
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer to help us bring a new form of multiplayer entertainment to mobile. To do the best work possible, we prefer engineers be based at HQ; however, remote work can be considered on a case by case basis.
Every day you could be
- Developing a mobile app for stealth application.
- Assisting Design and Art in planning and implementing changes needed for mobile platform functionality.
- Optimizing CPU, GPU and memory use for Mobile.
- Creating tools and pipelines that support the mobile portion of the platform.
- Assisting in developing profiling tools and budgets for both the internal art team and end users.
- Working with our development group to bring the latest platform functionality to mobile.
- A minimum of 3 years programming.
- Professional game or engine development.
- Experience with UE4 on mobile.
- Experience optimizing game performance and memory on constrained hardware.
- Shipped mobile game experience, including some of the following:
- Experience with Android NDK and/or iOS with C++/Objective C
- Knowledge of or experience using mobile toolchains, build systems, development tools and platform APIs, as well as the broader Android or iOS platform ecosystem
- Exposure to mobile rendering and mobile GPU implementations in modern mobile devices
- Experience with mobile device compatibility issues
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines such as art, design and engineering.
- Strong C++ programming experience.
- Proven problem-solving and application of good software programming practices.
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field or 5+ years industry experience as the degree equivalent.
- 3 years experience in game development.
- Experience architecting and implementing game systems, user interfaces, tools, back-end services, etc.
- Experience with PC and console targets.
- Understanding of game networking concepts - peer to peer, client/server, latency compensation, etc.
- Knowledge of back-end services such as AWS.
- Have shipped multiple finished products in a lead or senior position.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.