Senior Data Engineer
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
Join our Backend Engineering team and help build a scalable real-time analytics platform that processes streaming data to make our product even more intelligent! Own and extend our data pipeline, perform data modeling, and improve data reliability and quality. Become part of a team focused on creating innovative real-time analytics and machine learning feedback loops.
- Work with the team to manage the data warehouse and ELT\ETL data integration for all of Manticore Games.
- Design, build and manage a real-time streaming data analytics backend.
- Design, build, and launch new data models in production.
- Interface with engineers from our Client, Web, and Backend teams to ensure proper data collection.
- Implement new requests from Product Managers and Data Analysts to fulfill their data needs.
- Ensure data quality by implementing data detection mechanisms.
- Support existing processes running in production and optimize it when possible.
- Assist in the development of deployment automation and operational support strategies
- 3+ years of work experience with ETL, data modeling, and business intelligence big data architectures.
- Working experience with public clouds such as AWS, GCP and Azure
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics, or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience with Relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Expert in one or more of the following languages. (Python, C#, Java)
- Team player and strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to convey complex results in a clear manner.
- Familiarity with Google BigQuery, Cosmos DB, Microsoft Azure or GCP.
- Experience with Airflow or Luigi.
- Familiar with data visualization through Looker, Tableau or other tools
- C++ and app development experience.
- Experience with Powershell, Jenkins and other automation tools.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.