Senior Character Artist
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We are looking for a Senior Character Artist to help revolutionize the way we create, play, and share gameplay experiences.
This is a full-time onsite position in San Mateo, CA.
- Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets
- Leverage next-gen PBR material pipelines for use in game engine
- Iterate on game assets with production artists via prototyping and group critiques
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development as an artist specializing in character modeling using Maya or 3DS Max, Photoshop, Zbrush or Mudbox.
- Exceptional understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in traditional hard-surface poly modeling techniques
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Self-motivation, superior communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Painter
- Experience in creating visual designs that support gameplay oriented goals
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a character artist
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.