Principal System Designer
Manticore Games® is the developer and operator of the Core Metaverse, a premier metaverse platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games and worlds to play and explore. Manticore recently enabled the next evolution of the Core Metaverse by integrating MetaMask and OpenSea, setting a new standard for NFT utility in the metaverse. Users connect their Metamask crypto wallet to their Core account, allowing them to ascribe any utility and feature in Core to NFT ownership. Core has also integrated with OpenSea, the world’s largest marketplace for NFTs, and created an API that can read, display, and create content based on any NFT on the Ethereum blockchain. Manticore Games has received backing from Benchmark Capital, XN, Epic Games, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Correlation Ventures, BITKRAFT Esports Ventures & BITKRAFT Opportunity Fund, LVP, M Ventures, Tuesday Capital, SV Angel, Arrive (a Roc Nation company), Sapphire Sport.
We are looking for an experienced and innovative System Designer to help build the Core Metaverse. Working in collaboration with the product, production, art, and engineering teams, you will help shape Core Metaverse and work on genre-defining systems and social features. As the Metaverse Designer, your work will be critical to the platform’s success and growth.
- Conceptualize, design, and implement gameplay and economic systems
- Outline high-level designs for genre-defining systems with a focus on macro gameplay loops and empowering social interaction
- Work closely with designers and product managers to create fun, engaging, and diverse features and experiences in the Metaverse
- Able to design long-term retaining systems and gameplay loops and accountable to key product KPIs
- Collaborate with environment artists and gameplay engineers to create, implement, and polish systems and mechanics
- Contribute to presentation, the level design of world spaces, gameplay and systems design, and more
- Adapt to technical and production constraints & participate in finding solutions to optimize features
- Write and maintain specification design and game-balancing spreadsheets documents
- Be an advocate for player experience and create compelling user stories
- Help implement, tune, and balance game systems, economies, and progression, gathering feedback and adjusting design accordingly
- Your player empathy and creativity help create in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will work with interdisciplinary teams, contributing and translating feedback to improve and iterate player-focused designs to delight players.
- Experience as an advocate for player experience with a history of creating quality games, and features
- Deep and wide knowledge of mobile games with the ability to reference mechanics, controls, and other elements from other games
- Deep understanding of what makes games fun and current best practices
- Demonstrated experience tuning and balancing games
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in game design or related experience
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and flexibility in a changing environment
- Strong understanding of free-to-play design, mechanics, and strategies
- Experience building MMORPGs, Simulation Games, Survival Games, RPGs, or Virtual Worlds is a huge plus
- Passionate about and experience with developing complex crafting and progression loops with a focus on a balanced and engaging underlying economy is a huge plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with experience communicating designs, and delivering creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders and colleagues
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.