Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Material Artist to help us bring our 3d environments to life with beautiful stylized materials and innovative customizable shaders that inspire our creators to build most amazing worlds and games. This is a full-time onsite position in San Mateo, CA, but we are open to remote work.
- Create stylized materials/textures in Substance Designer from concept or photo reference
- Leverage next-gen PBR material pipelines for use in game engine
- Build shaders in UE4 for unique/complex materials
- Use Zbrush/3D Software for heightmaps generation as well as texture creation
- Implement nodes/smart materials for automating artist's workflow/pipeline
- Minimum of 3 year of experience in game development as an artist specializing in AAA game art creation
- Expert knowledge in Substance Designer, Painter and Zbrush
- Exceptional understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Self-motivation, superior communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Experience in creating stylized visual designs
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a prop or an environment artist
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Lunch Provided Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
- Please include a link to relevant online profiles (e.g. LinkedIn) with your resume.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.