Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
Core is a new platform to let anyone create, share and play 3D games that aims to redefine who can be a game creator. The Marketing Team at Manticore Games is responsible for marketing strategies, product positioning, messaging and execution of marketing campaigns to attract both creators and players to Manticore’s Core platform.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Marketing Intern to help develop and execute marketing programs to evangelize and attract talented game creators and influencers to the Core ecosystem. You will get the opportunity to learn and work with some of the gaming industry’s top talent as well as collaborate with developers and influencers.
This internship opportunity will be entirely remote. This is a paid internship.
Location: Virtual/San Mateo, CA
Report to: Director of Creator Marketing
- Contribute to the creation and execution of marketing events, programs and campaigns for player and creator acquisition for Core
- Manage day-to-day progress on channel activations including creative ideation, and content plans to ensure projects stay on story, on budget and on time
- Research and source leads for creators, influencers and partners
- Help execute and run marketing programs such as game jams and events
- Develop a process to track the progress and performance of all initiatives
- A strong background and knowledge in and passion for gaming
- A strategic thinker and results oriented
- Project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities
- Ability to acclimate quickly to a rapidly shifting, fast-paced creative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excels at establishing and fostering strong internal and external relationships
- Strong interest in all areas of marketing
- Ability to take direction, be solution driven and manage priorities with self-sufficiency with remote team members
- Familiarity with Core
- You will join a team of committed gamers and support a player community, so an appetite for reading about, talking about, and playing games is appreciated.
- A strong presence on social media and in key game creator forums
- Experience working for games or other entertainment platforms or services or third-party video-games publishers
- Experience making or modding games
Cover Letter RequirementFor your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.