Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We are looking for a resourceful and experienced marketing leader to drive marketing and growth initiatives for CORE. You will lead the representation, messaging, and branding for our platform and our company to the world as well as within our community of creators and players. You will also own our player acquisition and re-acquisition growth plans. This is a hands-on role with a large business impact, which will include distribution channels, positioning, branding, messaging, market research, user research, PR, and communications. The role reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Lead corporate and product positioning strategy and corresponding branding and messaging across multiple channels
- Drive and reinforce market awareness, positive product image, customer acquisition, and loyalty by leveraging positioning statements and core USPs in press releases, website copy, blog posts, internal presentations, video streaming, videos, etc.
- Produce, refine, and implement vision, mission and positioning statements for Manticore and its products
- Drive player acquisition and re-acquisition plans
- Partner with leads across the company to share strategic vision and goals, and maintain consistent positioning and messaging alignment
- Identify various target audience constituents (players, creators, press, influencers) and craft relevant corresponding positioning and messaging for each with a unified central theme
- Write, test, and perfect marketing copy including creative briefs, creative key selling points and taglines for internal and external usage
- Collaborate on editorial schedule, content, and talking points with Developer Relations and Community Management
- Lead consistent communications for the “Go To Market and Growth” team’s plans and key beats throughout the year, ensuring alignment with key stakeholders
- Measure the effectiveness of brand, influencers and consumer marketing initiatives and develop insights to optimize campaigns, make recommendations, and track against key KPIs
- Create and direct market, competitive, and user research
- Work closely with the Developer Relations, Product Management, PR, Community Management, and Finance teams
- 7+ years of experience creating marketing campaigns for go-to-market and live games or services
- Expert at crafting powerful messaging to various constituencies including creators, players, partners, press
- Operational knowledge of social media channels, including streaming, videos, etc.
- Ability to manage both internal team members and external vendors for timely, high quality marketing assets
- Experience in collecting and analyzing customer data to craft messaging
- Experience in marketing materials creation, such as trailer, website, pitches, including managing team members or vendors to ensure high quality work
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, advertising, communications, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing press connections, writing press releases, and building company and platform's image
- Expertise training and coaching others on messaging and communication
- Experience in consumer marketing, ideally at a brand or agency within the professional sports, entertainment, technology, or lifestyle industries
- Experience with marketing at tradeshows/events
- Master’s Degree
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.