Lead Level Designer
Manticore Games® is the developer of Core, a premier gaming UGC platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games and worlds to play and explore. It’s a radically accessible game construction kit and social game-playing platform, all-in-one. Manticore is now leveraging the power of Core to build a new immersive, life-simulation MMO experience.
We are looking for an experienced and innovative Level Designer to help build the new MMORPG. Working in collaboration with the Design, product, production, art, and engineering teams, you will create truly engaging and fantastical environments that will keep players coming back to explore. Your thorough understanding of world-building, artistic composition, and boundless creativity is integral to supporting the player's experience and telling the visual stories of our unique world.
- Collaborate with gameplay designers and artists to conceptualize, design, and implement creative and compelling gameplay spaces.
- Build PvP / PvE points of interest from inception all the way through to production.
- Work closely with the design, environment artists, and engineering to ensure budgets and visual targets are met.
- Collaborate with environment artists and engineers to create, implement, and maintain gameplay spaces.
- Adapt to technical and production constraints & participate in finding solutions to optimize gameplay spaces.
- Author, review, and maintain design documentation.
- Assist in project planning and scoping to ensure on-time delivery milestones.
- Be able to surface issues with tools/pipelines to the stakeholders that impact the overall ability to deliver on quality and schedule.
- Your player empathy and creativity help create in- and out-of-game spaces that engage and surprise players. You will work with interdisciplinary teams, contributing and translating feedback to improve and iterate player-focused levels and spaces to delight players.
- 8+ years of experience in game development, shipping multiple game titles.
- Experience as an advocate for player experience with a history of creating quality games and game spaces.
- Demonstrated mastery of level design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, storytelling, PVP, etc.
- Proficient in using game editing software such as Unreal, Unity, etc.
- Deep understanding of what makes games fun
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and flexibility in a changing environment
- Experience building MMORPGs, Simulation Games, Survival Games, or RPGs.
- Passionate about and experienced with developing compelling and varied PVE and PVP gameplay spaces.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with experience communicating designs and delivering creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders and colleagues
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life/AD&D Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- ADP Employee Discount Program
- Daily Lunch (in office only)
- Free Snacks & Beverages (in office only)
$115,000/year to $160,000/year
A reasonable estimate of the current US base salary range for this position is salary (the range listed above) + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within that range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skill sets, experience and training, education, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include discretionary bonus (if any, based on individual and organizational performance), equity, or benefits.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.