Lead Character Artist
Manticore Games® is the developer and operator of the Core Metaverse, a premier metaverse platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games and worlds to play and explore. Manticore recently enabled the next evolution of the Core Metaverse by integrating MetaMask and OpenSea, setting a new standard for NFT utility in the metaverse. Users connect their Metamask crypto wallet to their Core account, allowing them to ascribe any utility and feature in Core to NFT ownership. Core has also integrated with OpenSea, the world’s largest marketplace for NFTs, and created an API that can read, display, and create content based on any NFT on the Ethereum blockchain. Manticore Games has received backing from Benchmark Capital, XN, Epic Games, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Correlation Ventures, BITKRAFT Esports Ventures & BITKRAFT Opportunity Fund, LVP, M Ventures, Tuesday Capital, SV Angel, Arrive (a Roc Nation company), Sapphire Sport.
We are looking for a Lead Character Artist to help guide and grow the character art team as we bring the Core metaverse to life. Do you love partnering with animation, tech art, vfx, and audio? Do you enjoy end-to-end character development in Unreal? Do you enjoy working on a live product? Then this is the opportunity for you. Our headquarters are located in San Mateo, CA but this role can be fully remote.
- Mentor a team of highly skilled artists.
- Shape bold sculpts, create stylized textures and push the level of our art in Unreal Engine as your IC work.
- Know when to delegate or do it yourself using your production knowledge.
- Establish the final looks for characters using Unreal Engine.
- Work with the team to keep the live product looking amazing.
- Keep externally developed content looking great using documentation and feedback.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development as an artist specializing in character modeling.
- Expert proficiency in Maya or 3DS Max, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance Painter and Marmoset Toolbag 4.
- Comprehensive understanding of Unreal Engine character pipelines.
- Mastery of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling.
- Self-motivated, excellent communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Proven problem-solving abilities.
- Have shipped a AAA, PC, or console title as a Lead Character Artist.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, animation, visual effects, or technical art.
- Experience working with large external vendors.
- Fluency in NFTs, Crypto, Metaverse.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.