Manticore Games® is the developer and operator of the Core Metaverse™, a premier metaverse platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games and worlds to play and explore. Manticore recently enabled the next evolution of the Core Metaverse by integrating MetaMask and OpenSea, setting a new standard for NFT utility in the metaverse. Users connect their Metamask crypto wallet to their Core account, allowing them to ascribe any utility and feature in Core to NFT ownership. Core has also integrated with OpenSea, the world’s largest marketplace for NFTs, and created an API that can read, display, and create content based on any NFT on the Ethereum blockchain. Manticore Games has received backing from Benchmark Capital, XN, Epic Games, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Correlation Ventures, BITKRAFT Esports Ventures & BITKRAFT Opportunity Fund, LVP, M Ventures, Tuesday Capital, SV Angel, Arrive (a Roc Nation company), Sapphire Sport.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Lead Animator to help bring the Core metaverse to life. You will collaborate with fellow animators, designers and engineers to bring to life stylized avatars and characters for a vast range of games and experiences spanning many themes and genres. Our headquarters are located in San Mateo, CA but this role can be fully remote.
- Assess design and product specifications, features, mechanics, for animation related requirement
- Conceive of, and create, top-quality key-frame, character animations for use in gameplay, emotes, prop interactions, crafting
- Review, critique and refine others’ work on a variety of creatures from mobs to mounts - biped, quadruped, avian rigs
- Work with character, tech, vfx and audio artists to design animation solutions for the project as it develops
- Standup prototypes and technical proofs of concept
- Implement and maintain animation state machines and procedural animation pipelines using Unreal Engine
- Communicate and present complex technical and aesthetic idea
- 5+ years experience in game development as a lead or senior animator
- 1+ years experience in a leadership role
- Self-motivation, passion for animation, and a great team-player attitude
- Ability to execute high quality animations from both loose and detailed design requirements
- Ability to provide individual animation contributions as well as manage and mentor other animators
- Portfolio and/or reel showing mastery of body mechanics, expression, storytelling and animation principle.
- Experience working with external artists and outsourced teams
- Implementation of blueprints in Unreal Engine
- Familiarity with facial blendshape and facial animation pipelines
- Experience producing animatics, cinematics and/or trailers
- Previous experience working on a game in the action, fantasy, or shooter genres
- Shipped multiple finished products as a lead or senior artist
- Fluency with LUA scripting
- Proven problem-solving and prototyping ability
- Fluency in NFTs, Crypto, Metaverse
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.