Head of Live Ops
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We are looking for a seasoned and resourceful leader to manage all aspects of our live operations. You will help build a responsive team to operate our 24/7 global service. This is a hands-on role with a large business impact, which will include live server and database operations, deployment, QA, Customer Service, and security. You should be a highly creative and data-driven leader as well as an excellent communicator.
- Build and manage our Network Operations Center, monitoring and supporting any consumer and player-facing or internal infrastructure, application, or content issues; and offer global support on multiple platforms and languages including PC, mobile, and console
- Set up and own the creator and player support function to make sure we provide our customers with the best experience for our platform
- Build and lead the live support functions and ensure the smooth running of our platform while responding quickly to queries
- Be the first responders and fixers for anything from server, network, and other infrastructure related problems, to in-service issues, internal incidents, and more
- Work in a dynamic environment, multitasking to reactively and dedicatedly address issues impacting players and service
- Communicate emergent issues internally and with users and players
- Work closely with Engineering to implement deployment and QA best practices
- Collaborate closely with the Developer Relations, Community Management functions and Finance to define and implement communications and decision policies related to customer relationship
- Implement technology solutions and processes to facilitate a transparent, accountable, and scalable support organization (e.g CRM, live chat, etc.)
- Constantly optimize processes to minimize resolution time and ensure user happiness
- Manage multiple support channels to support customer communication preference; Chat, Video-Chat, Email & Knowledge Base
- Build feedback loops and establish appropriate channels with relevant teams to facilitate communication, transparency, and efficiency
- Hire, train, coach, and lead customer support representatives as they provide support for customers
- Support the product feature and tool roadmap by surfacing unmet customer needs
Requirements: Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.