Head of HR & Recruiting
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We are searching for a Head of Human Resources to lead HR and recruiting at our San Mateo headquarters. This is a hands-on role with the opportunity to directly impact business through HR and recruiting excellence and scalable best practices. Our HR team is focused on enabling our business to scale through recruiting and retention, our managers to lead, our employees to grow, and our product to excel.
- Implement cutting-edge HR services across talent acquisition and management, career development, retention, and performance management
- Lead full-cycle recruiting efforts and drive results in filling headcount pipeline and meeting hiring objectives
- Identify, assess, and bring top talent to Manticore
- Create and execute innovative recruiting programs to attract talent
- Partner with hiring managers and finance to develop headcount forecasts
- Guide hiring managers and candidates through our selection process
- Manage and hire internal and external recruiting resources
- Demonstrated ability to “close” top candidates
- Partner with our business leaders to assess their team capabilities: identify competencies and talent gaps, recommend employee development resources; support talent assessment, hiring and succession planning
- Continue to refine roles and responsibilities of all functions to ensure optimal business growth and collaboration as well as performance expectations
- Own and enhance benefits, compensation, and training programs
- Own and enhance our learning and development programs
- Ensure compliance on all required HR laws and regulations
- Serve as a resource for Manticore managers and employees on HR and benefits topics
- A couple of additions to the responsibilities (no specific order):
- Design and manage HR frameworks and systems that meet the needs of a rapidly changing and growing company.
- Own and drive a metrics-based framework to understand trends, challenges, and opportunities within the organization, and translate those insights into actionable measures, tied to key performance indicators.
- Understand our company goals and align our people practices with our business objectives
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- A background of at least 12 years as an HR business partner and at least 4 years of experience managing an HR team, preferably with a mix of experience in fast-growing technology companies and more established companies
- Additionally, strong background and experience with leading recruiting and track record of recruiting top tier talent
- Demonstrated record of successfully leading and engaging a diverse team
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and convey clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Detail-oriented and focused on producing high quality work products (HR documents, offer letters, legal compliance forms, etc.)
- Excellent executive-level communication (one-on-one, writing, presentation, etc.)
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to relate to, influence and coach employees at all levels of the organization
- Experience developing and implementing programs including employee development and growth, performance coaching, compensation review, and compliance
- Experience working with both technical and non-technical client groups and a strong understanding of the challenges within each group
- A clear, approachable, and friendly communication style and focus on client service
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and strong presentation skills
- Honed organization and prioritization skill
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the games industry
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Lunch Provided Daily
Please include a link to relevant online profiles (e.g. LinkedIn) with your resume.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.