Head of Data Science and Analytics
Manticore Games is creating CORE, a digital playground and community designed to unleash imagination and revolutionize game creation, distribution, and play.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced data science and analytics leader to build and own all data science and analytics aspects for Manticore Games. You will roll up your sleeves in this hands-on role to establish our data and analytics platform from the ground up and build a team around you. You will be integral to providing in-depth product analysis and data insights to drive product decisions resulting in large business impact.
- Own and manage the business intelligence infrastructure (data management and visualization capabilities) in a cost efficient manner
- Work with the Engineering, Product, and Finance teams to develop and execute on technology roadmap related to data warehouse, data lake, and data marts requirements
- Work closely with the product teams to provide insights to understand the impact of product decisions on company KPIs
- Research, design, implement, and validate models and algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data and enable critical business decisions
- Identify areas of improvement and work with product management to implement strategies to address key problem areas
- Conceptualize, create, and maintain performance dashboards to monitor KPIs for acquisition, retention, and monetization of players
- Develop and maintain predictive models to forecast player engagement and retention
- Maintain a standard process to handle and answer recurring & ad-hoc reporting requests by different stakeholders
- Analyze game and player data to establish customer segmentation models for each product to help prioritize and customize game features and content
- Proven track record in data science or analytics lead roles, preferably within gaming, mobile, technology, or digital industries
- Deep understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, noSQL storage, database design, BI reporting, and dashboard development
- Advanced SQL skills and experience with different programming languages (e.g. R/Python/Scala). The majority of our stack is Python.
- Experience working with large datasets, preferably in a Hadoop, Vertica, or Spark environment (MLlib/ML)
- Experience with multiple key areas of specialism that can support projects, team mentoring and innovation: Telemetry/Data design, ETL, Scripting, Analysis/Insight, Modelling, Visualization, Experimentation, and/or other unique specialisms in the Data Science toolset (e.g. Machine Learning, AI, etc.)
- Passionate about gaming
- BA/MSc in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative fields; Masters desirable
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.