Education Content Developer
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We are looking for a creative, technical, and organized Core creator to create educational content for our documentation, API references, and our learning portal, Core Academy. This role will own documenting new feature releases, building out our library of tutorials for new users, and capturing images and videos. This also includes engaging directly with game creators and Manticore employees to constantly be expanding your understanding of Core. Ideally you’re a modder, developer, or active Core creator that loves to hack together interesting projects, and also experienced in creating content that educates others.
- Explain and document complex technical solutions in a clear and concise manner, and encouraging and overseeing other community members to do the same
- Directly troubleshoot with creators to solve complex technical issues, then adapt those solutions for wider audiences
- Create engaging training content, tutorials, and starter kits that helps beginner, intermediate, and advanced users
- Capture video of Core and games for Core Academy video content
- Track and verify upcoming releases in Core, creating code examples for new API entries, identifying needs for reference material, and presenting new features to the community
- Facilitate live stream sessions on Twitch and Discord, including promoting, recording, and transcribing them into written tutorials
- Create sample projects for new features to accompany written tutorials
- 2+ years experience in developer relations, platform evangelism, technical writing, or related content creation
- Very familiar with Core’s API and experienced with Lua or similar scripting languages
- Very strong writing skills, both technical and non - you can update API documentation as well as draft a persuasive email
- Familiar with other game engines, platforms and modding tools such as Unity, Unreal, Minecraft, Fortnite Creative, and Roblox
- Familiar with capture software such as OBS
- Published a game on Core with at least 1k plays
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience/education
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.