Director of Product Management
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
Manticore Games is working in stealth mode on a unique and innovative form of AAA multiplayer gameplay, leveraging user-generated content and modding. We are looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced Product Manager.
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative systems and features. This includes making insights-driven recommendations, writing clear and actionable specifications, working with multidisciplinary teams (product, design, art, production, and engineering) to implement core features on time and for the greatest impact, analyzing the results and sharing insights across the team and business.
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject-matter expert to both internal and external stakeholders, including the leadership team, customers and prospects
- Fully comprehend the user experience and audience psychology. Identify user needs and spot chances to create features through user behavior data that improve engagement and retention, grow the user base and delight our users.
- Scope and prioritize features based on business and user impact. Generate expected outcomes, crafting forecast models and performing funnel analysis. Use this to advise team leadership on long term decision making and roadmap planning.
- Drive experimentation and lead testing/tuning efforts for specific features
- Partner with BI teams to develop/vet hypotheses for new features & live service optimizations (e.g. sales, events, etc.) that improve core business KPIs
- Partner effectively, and lead projects as the business owner, with the Business Intelligence team to understand and monitor key business drivers, improve forecasting accuracy, surface risks, and identify opportunities to accelerate revenue and customer growth globally
- Help manage the end-to-end systems of a complex product spanning multiple feature areas. This will involve writing, consulting on specs, managing design challenges and taking the lead for promoting interoperability and scale
- Help envision and implement the overall product strategy, driving the usage of core innovative technology, and ensure that product decisions are based on in-depth data analysis
- Effectively champion the product vision & strategy, monitor product progression through completion of milestones and partner with marketing and analytics throughout their product’s lifecycle
- Passion for games and platform technologies
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven mindset
- Good understanding of the subscription-based business models in games.
- Experience in the live-operation of a successful free-to-play/freemium business model.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Shown ability to structure analysis and find answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data using SQL, Excel, statistical analysis and business intelligence tools.
- 8+ years of product management experience and 3+ years of experience as a people manager and managing
- Exceptional customer/player sensibility and expertise creating a product/feature specs with clear business justification, technical requirements, user flows, and wire-frame
- Strong analytic skills and experience with data-driven, user-centric design and decision-making. Deep understanding of A/B and multivariate testing
- Past experience with structured, hypothesis-driven product iteration, rigorous metrics analysis, consumer insights, and design experimentation
- Familiarity with consumer research practices and demonstrated experience using qualitative and quantitative research to inform business and/or product decision-making
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with experience communicating both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Game Production, Business, Marketing, or a related field from a top academic institution. MBA is preferred.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.