Director / Sr. Director of Product Management
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced Product Manager to focus on different aspects of Core. In collaboration with design, engineering, production, you will be responsible for defining, optimizing, and evaluating all aspects of the Core. Your work will be critical to the platform’s success and growth. This role reports directly to the Chief Product Officer.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative systems and features. This includes making insights-driven recommendations, writing clear and actionable specifications, working with multidisciplinary teams (product, design, art, production, and engineering) to implement features on time, analyzing the results, and sharing insights.
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject-matter expert to both internal and external stakeholders, including the leadership team, customers, and prospects.
- Fully comprehend the user experience and audience psychology. Identify user needs and spot opportunities to create features through user behavior data that improve engagement and retention, grow the user base, and delight our users.
- Scope and prioritize features based on business and user impact. Generate expected outcomes, craft forecasting models, and perform funnel analysis. Consequently, advise the leadership team on long-term decision making and roadmap planning.
- Partner with the analytics team to develop/vet hypotheses for new features & live service optimizations that improve core business KPIs.
- Effectively partner, and lead projects with the analytics team to understand and monitor key business drivers, improve forecasting accuracy, surface risks, and identify opportunities to accelerate growth globally.
- Help implement the overall product strategy, drive the usage of Core’s innovative technology, and ensure that product decisions are based on in-depth data analysis.
- Monitor product progression through completion of milestones, and partner with production throughout the product lifecycle.
- Passion for games and platform technologies
- Experience in the live-operation of a successful free-to-play/freemium business model.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Proven ability to structure analysis and find answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data.
- 8+ years of product management experience and 3+ years of experience as a people manager
- Exceptional customer sensibility and empathy, with expertise creating product/feature specs with clear business justification, technical requirements, user flows, and wire-frames
- Past experience with structured, hypothesis-driven product iteration, rigorous metrics analysis, consumer insights, and design experimentation
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with experience communicating both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Game Production, Business, Marketing, or related fields. MBA/MSC/MA is preferred.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.