Developer Relations Engineer
Manticore Games is creating CORE, a digital playground and community designed to unleash imagination and revolutionize game creation, distribution, and play.
We’re looking for a talented engineer to lead and support technical Creator Relations. This position will take a lead role in educating creators and supporting top members of the community on technical topics, and actively produce exemplary content, including games, that show off CORE.
The ideal candidate has a strong engineering and game making background; they are part prototyper, with a knack for turning ideas into exciting proof-of-concepts; part educator, able to guide top creators through detailed technical challenges; and part performer, ready to jump onto Twitch and show the magic tricks anyone can do in CORE. You base all of this on strong coding skills that enable you to build fresh experiences from the ground up.
Come help us create new genres, inspire new creators, and polish everything until it shines.
- Design, develop and implement exemplary content in CORE
- Create example content for teaching creators
- Take an active role in helping creators improve their games in areas including gameplay, performance, and visuals
- Write clear documentation and compelling tutorials
- Write scripts and frameworks that help creators push the boundaries of the platform
- Prototype new concepts and experiences
- Work with partner creators one-on-one in an engineering capacity in order to help design, build their games
- Help organize, build, and train local developer communities
- Represent Manticore on Twitch in play sessions and live developer sessions
- Have frequent, engineering-focused meetings with gameplay engineering team to help design gameplay features and represent our creators.
- Explore new and exciting gameplay not yet represented in the CORE community
- Find and promote the best examples from the creator community
- 5+ years experience in game engineering
- Shipped games on console, PC, or mobile
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines such as art, design, and engineering
- Proven problem-solving and application of good software programming practices
- Proven ability to interact directly with creators and developers
- Impeccable communications and presentation skills
- Able to present complex technical issues in a one-to-many situation, such as on stream or at a convention
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field or 5+ years industry experience as the degree equivalent.
- Deep familiarity with Lua
- 5+ years in game development
- Experience creating and publishing indie games
- Knowledge behind hosting compelling livestreams, including technical components