Character Technical Director
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Character Technical Director to help us bring Core to life with exciting stylized characters for our players bring with them into a vast range of games spanning many themes and genres.
This is a full-time onsite position in San Mateo, CA. *Due to COVID-19, all Manticore employees are currently working from home.
- Creating and maintaining animation rigs, tools, and workflows
- Designing and setting up real-time character dynamics (cloth, hair, chains, etc)
- Developing facial rigs using joints and pose assets.
- Working with animation team to create artist-friendly rigs that satisfy animation and gameplay needs
- Working with art teams to develop models that meet technical requirements.
- Assisting the animation team in troubleshooting setup and animation problems as they arise
- Integrating artwork from internal and external sources to game systems including Blueprint Asset content, Data Assets, and Character Parts, for use in the game
- Strong Maya rigging/setup skills
- Understanding of human and animal anatomy
- Python and MEL scripting proficiency
- A minimum of 3 years of production experience in game development
- Previous experience with UE4 or other AAA game engines
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines such as art, design and engineering
- High level of comfort and familiarity with version control and asset management solutions (Perforce, git, etc)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Lunch Provided Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.