Backend Engineer (Build and Automation)
Manticore Games is the developer of Core, a platform and community that is redefining how virtual worlds and games are created, published, and played. Core’s mission is to empower and discover a whole new generation of creators.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to drive process improvement around Builds, Automation and Tools in the Backend team. This person will create sustainable practices and have the opportunity to grow in other areas of the backend team. To do the best work possible, we prefer engineers to be based at HQ; however, remote work can be considered on a case by case basis.
- Develop and support platform build tools, automation and test suites
- Contribute to all aspects of the backend team including Analytics, Tools, Performance and Security
- Own and troubleshoot the release tools and fix operational problems as they arise
- Seek and recommend improvements to current processes and technologies used
- Participate in code reviews for projects written by your team
- 2 years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Professional experience with Jenkins
- Experience developing in Java, C# or Powershell
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with source control systems
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field or 2+ years industry experience as the degree equivalent
- Experience in multi-region and multi-cloud deployments
- Experience with Azure and/or gCloud
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with Unreal 4
- Console Game Development
Job Site: San Mateo, CA
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.