Associate Systems Administrator
Manticore Games® is the developer and operator of the Core™ Metaverse, a premier metaverse platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games and worlds to play and explore. Manticore Games has received backing from Benchmark Capital, XN, Epic Games, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Correlation Ventures, BITKRAFT Esports Ventures & BITKRAFT Opportunity Fund, LVP, M Ventures, Tuesday Capital, SV Angel, Arrive (a Roc Nation company), Sapphire Sport.
We are looking for an Associate Systems Administrator to help us build a new form of multiplayer entertainment, revolutionizing the way we create, play, and share gameplay experiences. To do the best work possible, we prefer our employees to be based at HQ in San Mateo, California; however, we are open to remote work on a case by case basis.
- Provide day to day support and service for all employee-related IT questions and support across a variety of corporate IT issues
- Respond to tickets, instant messages, phone calls, and requests for technical assistance from colleagues and executives
- Manage and support our (mainly) cloud-based systems like Atlassian, Github, GSuite, Office 365, Slack, Zoom just to name a few
- Administer and troubleshoot VPN access
- Provide support for different IT systems like video conferencing, printers, network/wifi
- Provide technical support for events, meetings and conferences
- Support employee on- and off-boarding, procure, manage, and provision hardware and software resources
- Monitor system logs for malicious network activity and remediate as required
- Manage and implement IT systems and processes for Headquarters in San Mateo as well as support fully-remote employees across the US
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems administration
- Experience with cloud providers such as Azure, AWS, GCP
- Familiarity with a scripting language such as PowerShell
- Ability to troubleshoot issues remotely
- Knowledge of networking principles including Network Switch configuration, Access Points, Firewalls, VLANs, and network cabling.
- System Engineer certification such as CompTIA A+, Network+, AZ-900, AZ-104, CCNA
- BS degree in Computer Information Systems or a related field or 5+ years industry experience as the degree equivalent
- Experience with MacOS and iOS administration
- Expert in troubleshooting various desktop hardware and software
- Atlassian tools (JIRA / Confluence / Service Desk) administration
- Experience in remotely managing desktops and cloud based servers
- Experience in working with routers, firewalls, servers, APs, and virtual infrastructure
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.