Associate Art Director
Manticore Games® is the developer and operator of the Core Metaverse, a premier metaverse platform featuring live events, interactive entertainment, and more than 50,000 games and worlds to play and explore. Manticore recently enabled the next evolution of the Core Metaverse by integrating MetaMask and OpenSea, setting a new standard for NFT utility in the metaverse. Users connect their Metamask crypto wallet to their Core account, allowing them to ascribe any utility and feature in Core to NFT ownership. Core has also integrated with OpenSea, the world’s largest marketplace for NFTs, and created an API that can read, display, and create content based on any NFT on the Ethereum blockchain. Manticore Games has received backing from Benchmark Capital, XN, Epic Games, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Correlation Ventures, BITKRAFT Esports Ventures & BITKRAFT Opportunity Fund, LVP, M Ventures, Tuesday Capital, SV Angel, Arrive (a Roc Nation company), Sapphire Sport.
We are seeking a highly creative, collaborative, and resourceful Associate Art Director to partner with our Environment Art Director and Chief Visual Officer to build UGC experiences in Core. The role will oversee the development of games and experiences for marketing, player events, and partnerships utilizing the Core platform.
The Associate Art Director will problem-solve, organize, communicate, present, mentor and oversee external and internal teams of artists and creators. They will collaborate with members of interdependent teams in all stages of development; This AD loves to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
Manticore is headquartered in San Mateo, CA but this role can be fully remote.
- Work with Production to plan and prioritize the project’s Art deliverables.
- Collaborate with project leaders to ensure that visuals serve design and narrative needs while balancing artistic quality with technical constraints.
- Represent the project and team to any external partners and/or stakeholders.
- Collaborate with creative leads to craft and communicate the artistic vision and experiences of a diverse range of projects;
- Create visual style guides, mood boards, art bibles, references, documentation and concept art.
- Set quality expectations and provide visual benchmarks.
- Ability to provide inspiring reviews through creative leadership.
- Concept and pitch high-level game ideas and experiences.
- Actively participate in the recruitment of project team members.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative and positive creative team culture.
- Leadership through collaboration, creativity, empathy and constructive feedback to achieve quality.
- Provide leadership and solve creative problems intuitively through lateral thinking, pattern recognition, and innovative reasoning.
- Strong foundational art skills and excellent understanding of shape, form, composition and color theory.
- Experience working in interactive media and/or game development, some leadership experience in the video game industry (or other relevant experience).
- Shipped at least one title as a video game Art Director or Lead Artist.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and 3D software and game engines.
- Ability to accept and adapt to feedback.
- Exemplary communication skills in conveying complex ideas in plain English, whether to team members, partners, or other parts of the organization.
- Experience shipping AAA games, or other experiences using the Unreal Engine 4.
- A genuine interest in a wide range of visual media and art forms beyond video games.
- Passion for world building and narrative experience.
- Experience with project management software.
- A portfolio demonstrating artistic direction capability and high competency in both 3D and 2D asset creation.
- Fluency in NFTs, Crypto, Metaverse.
Manticore Games provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.