Lead Recruiter - San Mateo, CA
Manticore Games is working in stealth mode on a unique and innovative form of AAA multiplayer gameplay, leveraging user-generated content and modding. We are looking for an entrepreneurial HR leader to head our recruiting efforts. We are a team of close to 40 who were mostly recruited directly from our aggregate personal and professional networks. We are continuing to scale and need to rapidly expand our recruiting efforts and hire the best candidates for our team while maintaining our positive and inclusive values.
To apply, please send a short cover email, including your resume or a link to your updated LinkedIn profile and a link to your portfolio (for art positions) to: JOBS@MANTICOREGAMES.COM
- Manage the full cycle recruitment process (from sourcing, evaluating, engaging, closing, to onboarding candidates), ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience.
- Design and execute recruitment processes to ensure a smooth, efficient process for current and future employees.
- Build relationships and collaborate with senior management and hiring managers to understand hiring needs, team goals, and define talent acquisition strategies.
- Own the recruiting philosophy and strategy, while handling a requisition load.
- Source active and passive candidates from a variety of channels and communities: online and internal databases, employee referrals, events, networking, research, etc.
- Partner with company leadership to understand company hiring roadmap, and develop/execute effective recruiting strategies to support the company’s growth.
- Serve as the face of the company to potential hires, reflecting our values and showing why we are a great place to work.
- Recruit and manage external third party recruiting firms and contractors.
- Potential to expand responsibilities to People Operations including managing benefits, review cycles, company culture, and team building events.
- At least five years of full-cycle recruiting experience in technology and/or games, specifically in a high-growth, high-performance environment, working in a competitive market.
- Experience recruiting for technical and engineering positions
- Experience building and maintaining a broad network of tech talent
- Exceptionally strong communication skills: on the phone, via email/Slack, in-person, etc.
- High level of attention to detail and sense of urgency about the recruitment process
- Experience building and/or scaling recruiting processes and infrastructure
- Strong sourcing skills with a track record of implementing innovative and effective strategies for sourcing passive candidates
- Open to travel, and be able and willing to make appointments for recruiting and networking events outside traditional work hours
- Knowledge of gaming terminology. You need to know the difference between a MOBA and an MMO