Lead Character Artist
We are looking for a Lead Character Artist as we are working in stealth mode on a new form of hardcore multiplayer gameplay and services, leveraging user generated content.
We are usually open to remote working but this role requires the person to be in the studio.
To apply, please send a short cover email, including your resume or a link to your updated LinkedIn profile and a link to your portfolio (for art positions) to: JOBS@MANTICOREGAMES.COM
- Create top-quality character-related models and textures.
- Assist with Tech Art and Engineering in planning and implementing our art pipeline.
- Work closely with art director to drive and evangelize our artistic vision.
- Assist in planning asset production in collaboration with the concept and design teams.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in game development as a character artist
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- An exceptional understanding of character form
- Ability to execute high quality assets from both loose and detailed concept
- Intimate understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools including Zbrush and Substance Painter
- Experience working with an art director or lead in developing a unique and cohesive modeling and texturing style
- Exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Able to contribute to, interpret, and clearly communicate art direction to a team
- Proven problem-solving and prototyping ability
- Experience using Unreal Engine
- Previous experience working on an action-fantasy game
- Have shipped multiple finished products in a lead or senior artist position
- Responsibilities that have included hiring, reviews, or managing other artists
- Experience in creating visual designs that support gameplay-oriented goals
- Skill in one or more related disciplines—concepting, animation, visual effects, or technical art
- Experience in working with outsource art studios and other external vendors
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so